First off, I'm setting in to my new job, figuring out what people need from me and starting to make some things happen! I've offered suggestions for some of the things we used to do in Austin, and it seems that some of the nurses think they are good ideas. Coming along!
The house is on the market, we've had some lookers, but no offers yet. I feel good that if people are finding it important enough to come and look in the middle of the week, it is catching their eye and hopefully it'll move soon!! BUT, then we'll be moving - yikes! I feel bad that Marc will have to do the majority of the packing with me out of town. Click here if you're interested in seeing our listing - hey, I can shamelessly plug, right?
Marc's job front - we've networked his resume all over the place, and I've had a few friends send his resume out to their contacts in the DFW area, but no bites yet. If you have any ideas, let me know, and I'll send you Marc's resume! He is looking for any kind of business job, HR, Finance, Project Management, etc.
So we've had thunder storms and rain off and on for the past week or so, sometimes heavy, sometimes not. Today was no different - you could see the dark clouds off in the distance. One of the girls said we were under a Tornado warning. I figured, being that I'm now in North Texas and it is severe weather season, this would soon come along. I still vividly remember the tornado drills from preschool and kindergarten in Oklahoma, and the tornado siren testing in Lubbock. It's almost comforting - weird, I know. A couple of us were sitting in our breakroom finishing lunch this afternoon. Our offices are in the Medial Office Building across the parking lot from Baylor Waxahachie, on the 2nd floor. Something caught the corner of my eye, and I happened to look out the window. I said, "um, is that a funnel cloud??" We all got up and watched this unfold, right before our eyes:
The tornado touched down in Midlothian, about 8-10 miles from here. We watched the whole tornado, from the time it came down as a funnel to the time it went back into the clouds. They called an emergency code at the hospital, and we watched the clouds roll over. We were asked to come over to the hospital, and as we were briskly walking across the parking lot, the sirens went off. The clouds were really dark, the wind was still, and you could see this whole mass slowly rotating. Nothing actually touched down here, but it was kind of eery. It took about 45 minutes for the storm to blow over and we were announced all clear and headed back to our offices. What an adventure!!

I thought about you yesterday! What a cool pic! So, I guy that I worked with at my old job actually lives in Midlothian and commutes to Waco everyday. Totally crazy...I know! Anyhow, I think that he's pretty plugged into the community, so I would be happy to pass Marc's resume on to him and see if he might get any bites this way. Just let me know! Happy Weekend :)!!
ReplyDelete