He's Finally Here!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Jackson's First Month and Mama turns 30!!

Well, we've been having a lot of fun around here!!  Jackson is now 6 weeks old - he's starting to be more alert and awake during the day, and we're getting to play and interact with him.  He keeps looking like he wants to smile - I know it'll come any day now!

I was able to find some pictures of me, so here's Jackson at 1 Week:

And Mama at 1 Week:

Jackson 2 Weeks:


And Mama at 2 Weeks:


Yes, that is a NON Maternity shirt!  I still can't believe how fast the weight just fell off.  And I know most of you don't want to hear that, but it was really surprsing to me.  At Jackson's 2 week Doctor's appointment, I got on the scale and had lost 18 pounds!  I guess there really is something to be said about breastfeeding. 

We've had a lot of visitors around here.  Of course, Nana and PawPaw were here when we came home from the hospital, and Noni came up the next weekend.  My Bestie Allison came to visit too, and then we had a little time to ourselves. 

Then, Mama's Cousins came:
 And then Aunt Dawn came to visit.  Surprisingly, I don't have any pictures of her with him- probably because we used her fancy camera all week to take pics of the little dude.

The next week, Aunt Tisha and Dylan and Macey came to visit, and also to babysit for My 30th Birthday!


Yes, I turned 30!  Last summer we had talked about big plans to go to Vegas and party it up, but then, Jackson came along.  I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present!!  He has truly blessed my life and I am so ecstatic every day that I get to spend time with him and watch him grow.  I did have a good birthday though - Marc came home early from work and made us reservations as a surprise to me.  We left for dinner and ended up at the Oceanaire - a restaurant we first went to in Boston, and found out last summer that there is one here in Dallas!  It was a wonderful birthday dinner - we got personalized menus at the restaurant that said "Happy 30th Birthday from the Oceanaire" across the top.  And we had babysitters, so we enjoyed our first time out, just the 2 of us.  We also got to get dressed up :)  This picture was taken with my present from Marc - a new Canon DSLR Camera!  Now I just need to learn how to use it!

And like I said, I'm glad I've gotten to spend so much time with this cutie patootie, practicing his tummy time:
What a busy month!  As I go through pictures, I just keep finding more to post!  Marc also had his first Father's Day!  This was a special day for Marc - he hasn't had any contact with his father in over 25 years, so he was really looking forward to it this year.  Here is how he spent his morning:

 And overall, I think he had a great day!
Are you tired of reading yet??  Well, as I have blog-stalked all of my friends that have kids, I decided to continue with the trend of Chair Pictures.  SO, here are Jackson's First Month pictures (Thanks to the help of my sister and her fancy camera)!


Well, I think that is all for my pictures.  This weekend Marc's cousin is getting married in Austin, so we're going for our first trip!  Wish us luck!  I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures of Jackson getting to meet his Great Grandmother and the rest of the extended family.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment