....well, sort of. Marc has been out of town since Thursday morning for his annual trip to Oregon. I swear he is in some sort of crazy frat with this trip. Essentially you have to be nominated and accepted to be able to go (hmm, rush?), then you are the "cabin boy" (a.k.a. pledge?) the first year, and you have to be invited back (initiation?). There are about 30 guys total on this trip from all over the country. They fly into Portland, Oregon and drive 2 hours to a town called Maupin. They camp on the river and go white water rafting and fly fishing. He absolutely loves it! The one catch, though, is that supposedly not one person has cell phone reception. Not sure if I believe that, but hey, it's a boys' trip, so I'll let him have his boy time.
This year was a little rough. Marc called me as soon as they got into Portland and informed me that they were not getting a break from the heat - it was 103 degrees! Apparently Washington and Oregon have had the hottest July ever on record. The local Home Depots are out of fans and air conditioning units because only like 30% of homes have air conditioning! They camped for the last 3 days and Marc called me again today as they got back into Portland. They stay at a hotel that has a free happy hour, and if you knew Marc and his friends, you would ban the free happy hour this weekend every year. Last year the 5 of them almost single handedly drank all of the beer at the bar. So they were going to tour Portland today and they'll fly out tomorrow morning. I'll be glad to have Marc home!
As for what I've been doing while he's been gone - I've been having a lot of fun! I went shopping on Thursday for some work clothes - just in case, ya know - anyone know of a good place to get a suit for a reasonable price?? I also bought a new book to read since the Twilight obsession is finally finished (that is, of course, until New Moon comes out in the theater).
Then Friday I had a pool day and lunch with Amy and her munchkin K. Baby K is so cute! She's 9 months old and is crawling everywhere and is getting her third tooth. She has such a great personality and is happy all the time. Friday night I had dinner with my sister and her family and my parents for my Mom's birthday - Happy Birthday Mom!
Saturday I had to work, but that night was Drinkie night with Amy, Amber, and Corina. Corina made this peach basil sangria, it was awesome. We sat in the hot tub and talked about all kinds of girlie things.
Today I have been lazy, but my sister called and said that she had to take Devon to swimming, so she'd be down south and wanted to know if I wanted to meet her for dinner. So we went to Trudy's and had stuffed avacadoes and then I was able to catch the end of Devon's practice.
Marc gets home tomorrow evening, so I'll be hitting up the grocery store and trying a new recipe for dinner. Hopefully it turns out well!
All in all, you've probably had enough of my rambling. But things are good right now, and quite honestly, I'm not sure I'm used to all the free time just yet! Maybe that's why I'm so excited to just be able to do what I want to do. I'm still frustrated with my job search, but I've applied to some new places, so we'll see what turns up. Hope all is well for all of you!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment